Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- 16GB: P18,990 (previously P23,990)
- 32GB: P23,990 (previously P28,990)
- 64GB: P28,990 (previously P33,990)
Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G
- 16GB: P24,990 (previously P30,990)
- 32GB: P29,990 (previously P35,990)
- 64GB: P34,990 (previously P40,990)
I suggest that you check out the differences between the “new iPad” and the Apple iPad 2 first, though:
- 2048 x 1536 Retina display versus the iPad 2 screen’s 1024 x 768 resolution
- 5-megapixel, autofocus rear camera (versus 0.7-megapixel, fixed focus)
- 3G, HSPA+, DC-HSPA, 4G LTE (initially for AT&T, Verizon, Telus, Bell, and Rogers; versus EDGE plus Quadband HSPA or CDMA EV-Do Rev.A for Verizon)
- Bluetooth 4.0 (versus 2.1 + EDR)
- 0.37-inch or 9.4-millimeter thick (versus 0.34 inches or 8.8 millimeters)
- 1.44 pounds or 652 grams (versus 1.33 pounds or 601 grams)
- 42.5-watt-hour lithium polymer; 10 hours or 9 hours on 4G LTE (versus 25-watt-hour lithium polymer; 10 hours)
If you’re one of the following, you may be better off with the new iPad:
- You are an owner of Apple’s first-generation tablet.
- You are still about to get an iPad.
- You hanker for an awesome screen.
- You want to use a tablet for gaming.
- You want to take photos or capture videos with your iPad.
I’m not including “you want a 4G LTE-capable tablet” here because I still don’t know if Apple is going to partner with Smart Communications to bring an LTE model here (see Beta-testing Smart’s Evolution LTE: How fast is it?). Let’s see in the next few months.
- Everything you need to know about the new iPad: prices, specs
- Confirmed: Apple iPad 3 launch slated for March 7
- Beta-testing Smart’s Evolution LTE: How fast is it?