There’s no denying that Globe Telecom’s been giving mucho love to RIM and BlackBerry devices these days, so it’s no surprise that authorized retailers are now feeling the telco’s mushiness as well. According to Globe, prepaid customers who purchase BlackBerry smartphones from participating stores like MemoXpress (see complete list at the bottom) until October 22 are entitled to these perks:
- Additional two months free subscription to Globe’s BlackBerry Chat P99 service for every one month subscription—three months in total. This BlackBerry-only offer gives subscribers unlimited pass to BBM [BlackBerry Messenger], photo sharing, and group chats on the fly.
- Extra one-month subscription—no added cost—to Globe’s BlackBerry Social P299 service, which allows limitless access to Facebook, Twitter, BBM, and other messaging apps for every one-month lock-in. That’s essentially two months worth of “What I’m about to chow on” closeups on social-networking sites (to the dismay of your peers).
The BlackBerry Curve 9220 and the BlackBerry Curve 9320 (related article here)
Globe head for mobile-data services Jenny Granada-Echeverria explains the new prepaid deals best: “We are taking the services a notch higher by offering free month/s subscription of BlackBerry Chat or BlackBerry Social, giving our subscribers more time to grow their BBM circles or social networks without having to worry about costs.”
The telco’s latest move corresponds with the Filipinos’ ever-increasing penchant for social media, making us the 8th and 10th most Facebook- and Twitter-frenzied people on the planet.
- BlackBerry Curve 9220, Curve 9320 priced at P9,990, P11,990
- BlackBerry Curve 9320, Curve 9220 to debut in PH May 22?
- ‘Unli’ BlackBerry plans: Smart vs Globe vs Sun