We spent most of the afternoon yesterday checking Apple iPhone 5 prices at Greenhills Shopping Center, and came across two contrasting realizations.
- The good news is that more stalls and middle-man types are peddling the sixth-gen signature phone.
- The bad news: Despite the prevalence of iPhone 5s, the imports are apparently still prohibitively expensive, with the 16GB model commanding at least P47,000.
We reckon the premium pricing is least likely to budge until the latest iPhone officially ships to the Philippines.
Not to worry, though, because top-shelf alternatives abound. Here’s a chart detailing the prices of other phone manufacturers’ flagships:
Take note that the values here are all asking prices, so depending on your haggling skills (ours need a bit of brushing up, to be honest), these mobiles can be had for less.
Interestingly enough, the HTC One X is now priced slightly higher than the Samsung Galaxy S III—and if we have to guess why, we’ll say it’s because there are currently too many S IIIs on the local market. Thank heavens for surplus, yes?
- Apple iPhone 5 prices: Greenhills, Sulit.com.ph, VillMan
- Greenhills, SM prices: Samsung, HTC, Sony, Nokia flagship phones
- Sony Xperia ion, Sony Xperia neo L launching in PH this July
- Review: Samsung Galaxy S3
- What you need to remember about warranty in the Philippines
- What to do when your Greenhills-bought iPhone needs repair